7.31.2014

LAND OF THE HYDRANGEA



TWO PEICE: PRETTYLITTLETHING TOP/SKIRT - WHITE CLEATED SOLE SANDALS: PRETTYLITTLETHING - RED SILK SOCKS: TOPSHOP

My Nan and Grandads garden is currently full of these beautiful flowers called Hydrangea. They come in lots of different colours and apparently depending on the different types of soil you plant them in, they grow in different colours. Acid soil makes blue flowers and non acid soil makes pretty pink flowers! They're really popular in wales almost every house has them- I'm not sure why they're not more popular in England as they're super pretty! I've asked my mom to plant some in our garden along the wall so I can have a Hydrangea background wall to take photos against haha, although they may take a while to grow!

I thought these particular blue Hydrangea would be perfect to photograph this outfit against as the blue contrasts perfectly with the red in this full PLT outfit! This two piece is currently one of my favourite items, gingham is one of my favourite types of fabric/print, whenever I wear this two piece I feel like a walking picnic- in a good way of course! The top is especially my favourite as I've worn it three times in the past week already and I plan to wear it again pretty soon, maybe today, its so very tempting!

These shoes are very much like the popular cleated platform heels which everyone loves, but I feel that these are probably 100 times more practical. They've still got a chunky platform on them but compared to the other platform heels, I can actually walk in these and they're quite comfy! I love that they have little sandal gaps where my socks can show through, it reminds me of the shoes I used to wear when I was about three years old, but with giant platforms haha!

14 comments:

  1. that 2 piece looks amazing and i agree with you, it contrasts well with those beautiful hydrangeas you used as a background <3

    secret-hipster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection <3

    www.feelingvague.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Hydrangea's in our garden, but I had no idea their colour depended on the type of soil, that's amazing aha. I've decided I need this two piece in my life. It's so nice!!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like an alternative Alice in Wonderland here. It's fabulous!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hydrangea's one of my favourite flowers of all time. The blue one's the one i love most, just found out from u that it's grown on the acid soil :P The look's spectacular, very summery and it goes with the backdrop of the shoot, I'm also a big fan of gingham and this outfit kinda reminds me D&G SS 12, also the platforms are very nice and I like that u've worn them with red socks xx

    lennylinhpham.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amaaaaaaazing! Love this two piece and your shoes.

    Love Emma xx

    www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. these photos are just insaaaanely stunning, they remind me of french new wave films! love love love!! and your outfit is AMAZING.
    xo,
    maddie

    http://feelingmagenta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfits ! And wow your shoes <3

    http://darkside-of-fashion.blogspot.fr
    Saskia! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love gingham

    Holly │ The English Eccentric

    ReplyDelete